The Gere Foundation supports health, humanitarian and educational projects worldwide. General grants are given specifically in the areas of Tibetan health, education and cultural preservation, and AIDS care and research.
We are not able to fund individuals, capital campaigns, for-profit organizations, or film projects.
We do not accept unsolicited proposals or materials. If you have been invited by the Gere Foundation to submit a proposal, the following information must be included:
- Application Cover Sheet (PDF file)
- Organization Information:
- Please provide 501(c)(3) verification, information on past projects, previous grants, and brief qualifications of involved personnel
- Program Information:
- Please provide a statement of proposed project
- Describe activities and timeline for requested support
- Outline program phases from beginning to end
- Provide evidence of the need and value of your program
- Describe how your short-term objectives relate to your long-term vision
- Illustrate the geographic area and population to be served
- Decribe how you would like the Gere Foundation to measure your success
- Financial Information:
- Provide funding plan/cash flow for project; identify key sources of support and indicate whether funds are received or pending
- Provide current organizational and project operating budget
- Include prior year's financial statement, preferably audited
- If your Organization received a grant from the Gere Foundation in previous years, a final report must precede or accompany the new letter of inquiry or proposal renewal
Please do not submit a proposal until invited by the Gere Foundation. A mailing address for proposal submission will be given at time of invitation.